Help Desk Wiki

Help Desk Wiki » FAQs » IAmLeavingTheUniversitySoonWhatWillHappenToMyAccountAndServices

I Am Leaving The University Soon What Will Happen To My Account And Services

I'm leaving the University soon (due to graduation or change of job). What is going to happen to all of my Gatorlink Services?

UF Faculty, Staff and Students get several Gatorlink Services free of charge for being affiliated with the University. Unfortunately, when a student graduates or when a staff member leaves the University, many of these services disappear.

Below you will find a list of pointers for when you leave the University.

  • If you are an Alumni, you can create an email address with the University of Florida Alumni Association. This is a free forwarding service for life that Alumni members get in order to maintain an address that contains UF name in it. For more information please visit
  • Start giving out your new email address in your resume or in any other places where you might give an email out.
  • Back-up any files that you might have stored in your Plaza site. As soon as an audit runs, you will lose all access to your personal sites.
  • Update your Directory information at myUFL with your new phone number and contact information. The Alumni Association will probably send you Alumni information.
  • Please note, this service from the Alumni Association has no relation to your UF email (other than alumni being able to use this as their address with UF too.) Any mail sent to your UF address on file will still be directed to that address and will not be re-routed through the Alumni services.

Employee LoginViewPrintTalk


Contact Us

Web: UF Computing Help Desk
Walk-in: HUB 132
Phone: (352) 392-HELP (4357)

Ask A Question

Submit a Question


eLearning Support, Application Support Center


Help Desk Wiki, FAQ, Online Handouts, What's my UFID?

System Alerts

UF IT Dashboard Alerts (myUFL, Email, Network, etc)